Monday, April 27, 2009

Advising Week

Every semester, before a new semester begins, your school has Advising Week or Advising Day. This is your chance to sit down with your advisor and evaluate where you are in your program, and figure out what classes you need to take in order to graduate on time. Don't blow this off! If I wouldn't have met with my advisor, I'd be totally screwed. I transfered schools and a lot of my credits didn't transfer, but my advisor was able to over-ride a lot of my classes which allowed me to take certain classes that had prerequisites that I normally would not have been able to take. He also helped me put a perspective on what I needed to get done to get done with school on time. If it wasn't for him, I would not be able to graduate this Spring and attend Viterbo next Fall. Thankfully, he steered me in the right direction and I'm ready to accept my Associate Degree and head off to start my Bachelor's.

No comments:

Post a Comment