Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Beer Before Liquor, You've Never Been Sicker


I'm sure you've all heard that familiar saying, "Beer before liquor, you've never been sicker. Liquor before beer and you're in the clear." Take this saying, and LISTEN TO IT! I can tell you from personal experience that if you start off drinking beer, and switch to shots or mixed drinks, you are NOT going to be feeling the greatest in the morning. Now does this mean you will ALWAYS get sick? NO. Does this mean that you can drink all the liquor you want and then switch to beer without any consequences? Absolutely not. It still comes down to moderation, but you have a much better chance of a hangover if you start with beer and switch to liquor. This previous Wednesday was a perfect example for me. I started the night out with a few Bud Light Limes, and then started slamming shots of 99 Berries, Malibu, and Tequila. Sure I was feeling good, but the morning after was not so great. I felt like I got hit by a bus, my head weighed a hundred pounds, and I puked up everything I ate or drank. It SUCKED. Now was this just because I had TOO much to drink? That was defiantly a factor. However, I've had nights where I've drank more liquor than that, and drank beer at the end of the night rather than the beginning, and I felt perfectly fine the next day. So it seems to me that this old wise tale is actually true. It may not be scientifically proven, but my experiences lead me to believe it is. I'll take my knowledge from my experiences over science any day.


Sick of Keystone and Coors Light? Get to know some good beer brands from the very opinionated, beer-enthusiast Eric Gilardi:


No comments:

Post a Comment